Okay this is a long time after I played this game. Game alone and later also with mods. I don't want to talk too much so.
The most important thing I think is, the taste of a player. There are some old school fallout fans that loved Fallout 4, and some that did not. There are some younger people that didnt play older Fallouts, and again, some of them loved the game and some did not. So I think review cannot be any helpfull in this case.
I can only say what I personally liked/hated about the game:
- workshop and huge potential in combination with some mods, but even without them, plenty of things to do
- weapon diversity and crafting / upgrading / building weapons, you can really make your own gun that suit your play-style the most
- Game Difficulty really matter (higher difficulty, more real damages, both for you and enemies and also higher chance to find better gear and weapons)
- Graphics, not so good, but better than in F:NW
-very detailed and quite huge world of Boston to explore, also DLCs, in matter of metres squared, it is probably smaller than Mojave in F:NW, but there are so many explorable buildings and so many underground levels that it overcome the amount of places you could visit in F:NW, simply ITS MUCH BIGGER
- I think I've played F4 twice, and it took me more than 300 hours in-game time, dozens of hours I just spent in some workshop building my own base etc. because it is really fun in F4, and building bases really makes sense as there are enemies, riders and robots that can raid your settlements
- characters and Commonwealth are truly alive - they are going from place to place, fight each other, hunt, garden etc.
There are much more good things about this game...
- graphics was not bad, but could be much better for 2015
-another settlement needs your help ....
- you are given many quests without any interaction (for example you just visit certain place and you get a quest - breaking the immersion of a game imho) and also it sometimes caouse, that you don't know how to continue in some quests as you missed some important information / person / fight etc.
- there is some stereotype after playing longer, 90% of time, you just go to some place and kill everybody, take loot, some important item and so on
- also IN MY CASE, after almost finished the game twice, I really can't get back to it anymore, I mean, in my case, the playability is really low, you know all places, all missions all characters, and there are not many choices you can do differently