Version 2 of Dimensional has introduced "Arcade Mode" you can now instantly jump to any challenge in the game and also tag your favourites to create a playlist that you friends can play. The game should now be a great way to demo what VR is capable of.
About This Game
A first-person, narrative-driven puzzle game. Dimensional throws you into dangerous chambers to save an alien race. This is not a passive experience. To succeed, you'll have to feel and act as though you're really there. You'll be standing, moving around, manipulating objects with realistic physics and reacting to dangers.
- Nausea-free - a very comfortable experience that won't make you feel sick
- Real-life movement - walk, duck, dodge, lean, jump to avoid obstacles and search your environment. Only 1.2m x 50cm required to play. Full room-scale supported.
- Puzzles - you'll need brains, reflexes and precision to beat the chambers
- Explore - find the hidden messages and learn the truth
- Mic support - expect to be heard as well as seen
- Choice - teleporting for comfort + optional FPS-style controls
More than just puzzles and action, I'm trying to put you in a variety of unique situations that can only be appreciated in VR. There's lots to experience and I have plenty more ideas coming. Here are just a few examples of what you can experience today:
- Slide along a narrow ledge as a giant pendulum swings inches from your face
- Test your courage by jumping off a high walkway. You're told a trapdoor will instantly rise to save you from the spikes far below
- Carefully move your head through a narrow gap filled with spikes
- Knock blocks out of a wall without bringing the roof crashing down on your head
There's a story for you to find. It's up to you if you want to find the hidden messages and work out what's going on, or just play through the levels and complete the puzzles.
Gamepad or Vive motion controllers
Oculus Rift or HTC Vive