IMPORTANT NOTE: Read the description for instructions before installing.
Warning: This patch is for 2004 Edition game owners only, BFG Edition and Steam version owners do not install this patch.
- [03/07/2016] Quick SFX Translation.
- [26/06/2016] Made an easy-to-extract SFX Archive to help solving most problems that happen while extracting.
- [02/09/2015] Updated to work with Resurrection of Evil expansion aswell.
Unlike 1.3.1, this patch doesn't require any previous patches to update your game to 1.3.1, it directly updates it to that version, it contains all files from patches released prior to the 1.3.1 patch to make sure you don't get errors after installing the patch, here's why you should install this before installing official patch:
- Fixes "couldn't load default.cfg" error.
- Fixes "different DLL API version" error.
- Updates game to latest Protocol version.
- Works for Resurrection of Evil Expansion too (The game might appear under the mods section after installing the patch but won't boot properly unless you had it already installed before).
- Contains files of every official patch released for the game prior to v1.3.1 Patch.
This patch has been only tested with CD-Retail 2004 version of the game, so it will not work with BFG Edition, it should also work for every version of the game.
How to install the patch:
NOTE: do not install this on the Steam version, that version should be already updated to the latest version so you don't need to install this on it.
- Download and install this patch.
- Download and install the official v1.3.1 Patch, to register CD-Key information from it and avoid Blue errolog window.
How to find out whether the patch worked or not: Start up the game and open the Console, It should tell you what game version are you running on bottom left of console.