Virtual Desktop is an application developed for the Oculus Rift and HTC Vive that let's you use your computer in VR. You can browse the web, watch movies or even play games on a giant virtual screen.
You can browse the web, watch movies or even play games on a giant virtual screen.
Other features include:
- Hardware accelerated 360 video playback
- Ability to play/stream YouTube 360 videos (Windows 8+)
- 3D Side-By-Side video support
- 360 photos
- Custom environments
- Multi-monitor (Windows 8+)
You will need the latest Oculus 0.7 or 0.8 Runtime.
Windows 8 or 10 provides better performance and improved 360 video support
Version 0.9.40 [Beta] 1/24/2016
- Support for both 0.7 and 0.8 runtimes
- Bug fixes
Version 0.9.37 [Beta] 11/23/2015
- Added Mirror Headset functionality
- Stability improvements
Version 0.9.36 [Beta] 10/25/2015
- Oculus runtime 0.8 support
- Added 360 Photos tab
- Added sounds in environments
- Improved UI overlay for 360 videos
- Fixed non-fullscreen games capture
Tell me what you think on the Oculus forum thread. Features that are being worked on include support for OpenVR (HTC Vive) and motion controls.
Virtual Desktop is free with DK1 and DK2 but if you would like to help with the development effort, you can donate. Thanks!