Lead 3D Artist at Wombat Studio
* ABOUT US *
Wombat Studio, Inc. develops technology that empowers average consumers to create amazing 3D art. Our first app, Magic Poser Itunes.apple.com, helps artists/hobbyists create 3D scenes which can either be used for art pieces themselves or for art reference. Magic Poser started just as a hobby project, but evolved into a full-time indie project. It has received great traction on both Android/iOS, accumulating ~2 million downloads worldwide. Youtube.com
* JOB DESCRIPTION *
Your role in Wombat Studio, Inc. will be to create additional 3D art content (especially characters) as well as work with 3d art studios to produce additional content. You will be working with a team of exceptional developers with experience at top companies and universities such as Google, Stanford and MIT, and you will be in charge of the 3D asset production for our software. This is a full-time paid position, however we are also open to consider part-time and contracts if there's a good fit.
* RESPONSIBILITIES *
- Create high quality characters, character related 3D assets (for example, clothes, accessories, props) and textures and rig them to a skeleton
- Ensure performance and technical quality of 3D assets
- Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements such as mesh resolution
- Work with external art outsourcing for production of art assets
- Manage communications and provide feedback to external art sourcing. Manage the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team
- Make modifications necessary to integrate external art into our engine
* SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS *
- Expertise in 3D software at least one of the major 3D Modeling packages Maya, ZBrush, Blender and Photoshop.
- Strong sculpting skills with solid knowledge of human anatomy
- Proficiency with texturing models
- Clear and concise communications and people skills
- Must be highly organized, self-driven, customer focused, and a great team player
- Good understanding of the visual style of Japanese anime, or you can quickly learn and adapt to important characteristics of a different art style. (Being able to closely adapt a specific art style)
- A keen eye for shape, color and detail
* PLUSES *
- Experience working with outsourcing teams
- Experience as an art director or lead role
- Exceptional understanding of next gen asset creation workflows (PBR pipeline) with the ability to improve them
Being used to work on tasks autonomously and to deliver results on time
- Python scripting knowledge
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your resume to email@example.com. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred), or attaching documents to your resume. All portfolios must contain a detailed shot breakdown of the work. It must be very clear what you, the applicant, are responsible for in your reel, portfolio, screenshots etc.
The portfolio should contain the following:
- Examples of characters
- Examples of clothes and props
- Examples of style variety
Last but not least, don't forget your Resume!